(Price Includes 15% V.A.T.)
The Solar 60TM computerized telescope with solar filter. Tracking daily Sun Spots at home or the classroom. Ideal for travelling to see transit and solar eclipses!
The SmartStar® Solar 60TM GOTO telescope comes with iOptron proprietary Alt-Azimuth Mount, a.k.a. The CubeTM. This compact mount design is one of the most functional and flexible units on the market. Sky & Telescope Magazine named it “Hot Product 2008”. Both axis motors are built into a small single unit with optical encoders that provide accurate GOTO and tracking. The mount is universally compatible with all telescopes using a dovetail connector plate.
With a durable solar filter, this system allows you to see the solar photosphere with outstanding detail. Watch sunspots change from day to day. Follow these magnetic giants as they rotate across the disk of the sun, it’s truly an amazing view! The thread-on glass solar filter assures eye safety during the observation, yet easy to remove for terrestrial and nighttime viewing. It also serves as a lens cap.
With iOptron’s Solar 60TM computerized telescope system, now your family or classroom can see sun spots. The computerized telescope locates and auto-tracks to keep the sun (or moon, planets, and other celestial objects) in view. Set it up at home or school and everyone can see the daily changes in the sun spots. The Solar 60TM telescope comes with a threaded solar filter to switch to nightime viewing.
This is the ideal system to capture video or still photos of the sun spots and their movements with a electronic eyepiece (#8429, iE1300; #5250, iE5100) or your smartphone through a SmartPhone adapter (#8432).
Also included is a matching orange back pack for easy storage and travel.
- Optical Design: Achromatic Refractor
- Optical Tube Materials: Aluminum
- Clear Aperture: 60 mm
- Focal Length: 360mm
- Focal Ratio: f/6
- Resolution Power: 1.93 arc sec
- Limited Magnitude: 10.7
- Highest Useful Magnification: 120
- Focuser: 1.25” rack-and-pinion
- Eyepiece Adapter: 1.25″
- Eyepiece: 25mm (14.4X)
- Diagonal: 90º star diagonal
- Solar Filter: High durability solar filter
- Mount: AltAzimuth Mount
- Body Materials: Die-cast aluminum
- GOTO System: GoToNova®
- Tracking Controller: Automatic
- Tracking Rate: Celestial, solar, lunar
- Motor: Dual-Axis DC servo motor with encoders
- Slew Speed: 2×,8×,16x, 64×,256× and MAX(~4º/sec)
- Hand Controller: GoToNova® 8405
- LCD Display: 4 line, 21 character with LED backlit
- Processor: 32bit ARM
- Object in Database: ~14,000
- Level Indicator: Yes
- Dovetail Saddle: Integrated VIXEN saddle
- Battery: AA x 8 (Not Included)
- AC/DC Adapter: Optional
- Power Consumption: 0.2A (Tracking),0.6A (Slew)
- Power Requirement: DC 12V±2V, >1.2A
- Tripod: Aluminum
- Weight w/ Tripod: 10 lbs
- Package Size: 29″ X 7.5″ X 9.5″